Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Christmas Fantasy


 

The night before Christmas

I looked out at the snow

As I sat idly wondering

Just where I should go


 

All of a sudden

the sound I did hear

I was sure could not be

For twas horse hooves were near


 

That startled me so

I leapt to my feet

And looking around

T'was beyond all belief


 

Not a thing was familiar

T'was enough to astound

Not one thing was similar

To my normal ground


 

I had left my warm house

In my familiar small town

And was now in some place

Some most ancient of ground


 

The walls all around me

Looked of solid stone

It looked more a castle

Than my little home


 


 

I looked to myself

To see how I was dressed

I was startled to see

A most fine pants and vest


 

How came it to be

I cannot explain

For once in my life

I knew not what to say


 

It was almost if

I had taken myself

To a land I envisioned

In the dreams in my head


 

The castle was decked

Full with fir and with holly

It looked very festive

I admit it looked jolly


 

I could almost envision

All arrivals in furs

Dismounting from sleighs

With a swish and a swirl


 

The moon it was bright

On the new fallen snow

And the night was illumined

With candles aglow


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment